"To form disciples who joyfully live out the mission of Jesus Christ"
Would you or your child like to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation? We would be delighted to accompany you and your family on their journey.
Children in the 6th grade are encouraged to begin preparing for Confirmation by enrolling in our small groups. If you're an adult seeking this Sacrament, please ask about our OCIA program. Although you or your child may meet the minimum age requirements, we encourage you to consider the following - Is this the right time for you and your family to prepare for the Sacrament? Teens - Are you willing to accept the responsilibility of preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation? If yes, please see below for your next steps.
WELCOME TO OUR PREPARATION FOR CONFIRMATION
Our young people will be placed in small groups with two(2) group leaders and/or mentors. It is our hope that these small groups and mentors will grow in discipleship, not only for the length of formation but beyond. We look forward to seeing life long bonds form out of their shared desire to grow closer to God.
1) Once small groups are formed, the mentors will meet with the parents and their newly formed group and discuss the vision for the small group and everyone's role in the process.
2) Our small groups are led by two background checked and VIRTUS trained cleared adults. Locations for meetings will vary and may be held off site.
3) Throughout the year, small groups will be invited to get together with other small groups - planned social activities, community service projects and praise and worship events. We hope you are able to take advantage of these opportunities as they arise.
Although our young people usually receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the 9th grade, we strongly encourage our young people to join a small group and begin the journey of becoming a disciple of Christ in the 6th grade. Our registration for incoming applicants usually begins early in the summer and closes once all spots are taken. Small groups typically begin in mid-September. Exact dates will be published annually. Families considering enrolling children in classes are asked to required to be active registered members of the parish for at least six months.
1) Please complete the Faith Formation Registration Form - Fees are $100 per registrant.
2) Please complete the Faith Formation - Additional Information Form
3) Please provide a copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate with the application.
- Once a day and time are assigned to your group, your group leader will discuss your individual schedule.
- Materials, if any, will be distributed by your group leader.
Should you have any addtional questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Church Office.