Would you or your child like to receive the Sacrament of First Communion? We would be delighted to accompany you and your family on their journey through this process.
Children ages 7 and older are invited to enroll in our Faith Formation program. If you're an adult seeking this Sacrament, please ask about our OCIA program. Although you or your child may meet the minimum age requirements, we encourage you to consider the following - Is this the right time for your family to prepare for the Sacrament? Parents - Are you willing to accept the responsilibility of helping your child prepare to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of First Communion? If yes, please see below for your next steps.
WELCOME TO OUR PREPARATION FOR FIRST COMMUNION
- On behalf of the Catholic Church--thank you! Because of you, your child will grow up Catholic. In the past, parents often believed that it was the job of the parish to teach their child about religion. But today, we know that if a child has any chance of growing up with faith, it's because of the parents. We know that you lead very busy lives. So, when the parish requests you take part in your child's faith formation program, we understand if you consider it challenging. However, we urge you to think of this as a real chance to grow together as a family—in forgiveness, generosity, hospitality, a sense of hope, and most of all, a closeness to God that will last a lifetime!
- To better understand what we hope to accomplish with you and your child this year, we invite you to the first class this year which will serve as an orientation for both parents and students. Please see your specific schedule for details.
Our preparation for First Communion is a two (2) year process. Our registration for incoming applicants usually begins early in the summer and closes once all spots are taken. Exact dates will be published annually. Families considering enrolling children in classes are asked to required to be active registered members of the parish for at least six months. Classes typically begin in mid-September.
The following forms are required:
1) Please complete the linked Faith Formation Registration Form - Fees are $100. Parents with more than one child enrolled will receive a discount for the 2nd ($75) and 3rd ($50) child.
2) Please provide a copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate with the application.
For your information:
- In general, your classes will be held on Sundays from 10:00am - 1:00pm - See the Faith Formation Schedule 2023-2024
Should you have any addtional questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Church Office.